Naruto (ナルト, NARUTO) is a manga by Masashi Kishimoto and was first published by Shueisha in 1999 in the 43rd issue of Japan's Shōnen Jump magazine. This particular spin-off, known as Naruto: Kai (ナルト 改, NARUTO Kai; Literally meaning "Naruto: Revised"), follows the adventures of Rinneko Kaiki, an adolescent kunoichi, and her teammates as they strive to become the strongest ninja in the village.
In a world at war, the Five Great Shinobi Countries prepare their genin for the inevitable battles they will have to face. However, in the midst of all of this, one girl wants to change the world, and create peace. However, as the Third Great Shinobi World War drags on, and casualities get worse, her idealism begins to seem like mere fantasy to everyone else. Can this one girl change the minds of the entire world?
Kai, like it's source material, is primarily shōnen, though it maintains a reasonable balance of comedy, personal drama, and action. The series was made due to the authors' desires to return to the NARUTO series, however, unlike several fanfictions, Kai has no true ties to canon, as there are several differences. Many canon characters either do not exist, or have different roles, the Uchiha and Senju clans are flourishing, albeit relationships are still more strained than anything. Character's such as Madara Uchiha and Hashirama Senju existed, but their pasts differed to be more favourable to the alternate universe.
Rinneko Kaiki (回帰-輪廻子, Kaiki Rinneko):
Gaishiki Uzumaki (うずまき-凱四季, Uzumaki Gaishiki):
Hayate Hyūga (日向 疾風 Hyūga Hayate):
Akira Uchiha (うちは暁 Uchiha Akira):
Roaring Thunder ArcEdit
- The Team of Three
- Journey to the Land of Lightning
- The Edge of the Thunder Clap
- Into The Hive
- Stealthily Pain
- Set The World On It's Side
- Invasion Force
- Intentionally, the series is called Naruto: Kai, and Rinneko's surname has Kai in it.
- It is also possible the title, Naruto: Kai, is based off of Dragon Ball Kai, however, Naruto: Kai bears no strong ties to the source material, unlike Dragon Ball Kai, which was a revamping of the original anime.
- Kai taking place over the course of an entire war was a last minute addition by the authors, due to the Fourth Great Shinobi World War taking place only over the course of a few days.